Batho Pele: Dead or Alive − Part One
People do understand that certain principles have to be in place, namely:
- · A high standard of professional ethics
- · Impartial, fair and equitable provision of services without bias
- · Effective use of resources
- · Accountable people who foster transparency
- · Cultivated good human resources managements
But does this really happen and how do people demonstrate their understanding of the Batho Pele principles or even better, how do they apply these principles in their respective work areas? Do they use the appropriate language and attitudes when dealing with members of the public? Can the Batho Pele principles really deliver and empower people in delivering services to the public?
We are overlooking the importance and impact of courageous communication in the workplace. Put character first and start with the seven courageous conversations. This will ensure the following outcomes:
- · Well-defined goals for more effective communication
- · The ability to tolerate an open environment for real conversations
- · Skill to communicate by using the CLEAR process
- · Stronger relationships through powerful relationship-led communication
- · A better understanding of different communication styles
- · Facilitation of different roles and expectation in team and meeting conversations
- · Understanding of emotional intelligence in difficult situations.
Contact Dr Mario Denton at email@example.com for implementation of Character-based leadership principles in your organisation.