Do you feel sometimes drained from having to deal with toxic emotions, stress, fatigue and anger on a continuous basis?.
The purpose of fire talks is to deal effectively with conflict, stress, anger and fatigue triggers in the workplace and will aim to assist employees and managers on all levels of organisations to cope with these issues in the workplace and outside. It is important to take into account the effect of conflict, stress, fatigue and anger in the workplace to ensure complete employee wellness and improving productivity, performance, staff morale and reducing unnecessary absenteeism and related problems.
We are all capable of getting angry – it is a normal, usually healthy emotion. But when it gets out of control it becomes destructive and can lead to all sorts of problems. To understand anger it is essential to examine the process and underlying causes and triggers of the anger. The effective management of fatigue and applying alertness and proactively identifying fatigue root causes will lead to advanced safety, performance and staff well-being. Fatigue is a real, unacceptable cost, and safety and performance risk and exists in most of our organisations. The inability and decrease in ability, or unwillingness to respond to a situation, because of previous over-activity, either mental or physical, not only leads to accidents but also has an immense impact on employee productivity.
· Identify the best approach to a stressful situation
· Understand what lifestyle elements you can change to reduce stress
· Use a stress log to identify stressors and create a plan to reduce or eliminate them
· Understand the nature and the basis of conflict in interpersonal relationships
· Understand why different personalities have more conflict issues than others
· Understanding the nature of power and power abuse
· Know your own predominant conflict handling styles
· Analyse conflict situations to determine the most appropriate conflict handling style for the situation
· Use all five conflict management styles interchangeably and effectively to manage conflict pro-actively
· Appreciate that fatigue is a real business risk
· Understand what the causes of fatigue are
· Be more aware of the signs of fatigue
· Proactively and successfully manage employee fatigue
· Coach employees on fatigue management
The course is aimed at managers and employees of all levels in organisations who need to manage and deal with fatigue, stress, conflict and anger in the workplace.