It is important to understand what is holding you back in your team as well as what you need to do to deal with those issues? Don’t ignore the past or stop denying it, learn from it. Sometimes teams are trapped in fear of the future and may worry about what comes next and be afraid to change. Don’t close your mind or let past failures stop you from finishing well. The race is not over yet. Don’t stay frozen in unhealthy work habits or confuse who you are. You deserve better. Does your part in helping relationships or bad habits become healthy in your team? Don’t be so proud to admit that certain areas of your team are maybe not up to standard. Recognise your human limitations. Quit trying to resolve the issues by yourself. Face the problems and work through it.
We all struggle and we all make mistakes. Many of us are also trapped inside our own walls. Any leader who wants to succeed in his/her private business life needs to do continuous, brutally honest self examination to maintain clarity and balance. Any leader who possesses power is susceptible to becoming so blinded by that power that it can distort perception, not only about self, but also about others. The reality of a situation may therefore be lost to him/her.Throughout the ages, leaders have always succumbed in a lesser or greater degree to the tendency to lose their ability to see themselves and their circumstances realistically. Since it is a leader’s function to lead people towards the vision, and while keeping a clear focus on that vision, it is imperative that the facts are clearly seen as they are. THESE STATEMENTS SO FAR ALSO APPLIES TO ANY EXECUTIVE/ MANAGEMENT TEAM. Not only should each member of the team have a clear, unthreatened understanding of his/her own strengths and weaknesses, the team should also have the courage to view themselves in a brutally honest way. A team that does not know its own strengths and weaknesses is a team in DANGER
Start asking and answering the following questions:
- What are the challenges that you cannot afford to ignore in your team?
- What habits are holding you back and tripping your team towards greatness?
- Are you trapped in fear of the future or afraid of change! What are your fears?
- Which past hurts are you personally holding on to?
- When and how have you been disappointed in the team
- What are you afraid to change in your work team?
- What are some of the things that you keep doing that you really want to do
- Are there any “masters” in your life and team that you trying to serve?
- What habit or hurt or hang-ups in your life or in the team have been keeping you a prisoner? How has this affected your life so far?